Board of Directors
C-TAC Board of Directors are:
- Tom Koutsoumpas, Board Co-Chair and President, Caring Foundations;
- Bill Novelli, Board Co-Chair and Professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, and former CEO, AARP;
- Nancy Brown, President and CEO, American Heart Association;
- Alexandra Drane, Founder, Chief Visionary Officer, and Chair of the Board, Eliza Corporation;
- Bud Hammes, Director of Medical Humanities, Gundersen Health System;
- Tom Higgins, President and CEO, Prosetta Corporation;
- Rev. Major Lewis Jemison, Senior Pastor, St John Missionary Baptist Church and, former President and CEO, Progressive National Baptist Convention;
- Randy Krakauer, MD, National Medical Director of Medicare, Aetna;
- David Longnecker, MD, Executive Director, C-TAC;
- Ann F. Monroe, President, Health Foundation for Western and Central New York;
- Charlie Sabatino, Director, ABA Commission on Law and Aging;
- Leonard Schaeffer, Judge Robert Maclay Widney Chair and Professor, University of Southern California;
- Don Schumacher, President and CEO, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization;
- Jeff Weiss, Founder and Director, CCI.
The Board of Directors has three standing committees that provide support in carrying out its governance responsibilities.
The Committee’s primary roles are to: 1.Ensure that policies, procedures and other frameworks are in place to advise and support the Board in carrying out its role; 2. Take the lead in Executive Director and Board and individual Board member assessment and accountability; and 3. Identify, cultivate and recruit new Board members as needed.
The Committee’s primary roles are to: 1. Oversee and participate in the organization’s overall fundraising in collaboration with the Executive Director and other management and 2.Develop, with the Finance/Audit Committee, a plan for long-term sustainability of the Coalition.
The Committee’s primary roles are to: 1.Oversee the fiscal health of the organization and recommend to the Board necessary actions to enhance and safeguard C-TAC’s financial wherewithal, and 2.Work with the Development/Fundraising Committee and management to develop short- and long-term budgets for the Coalition.
C-TAC is funded in part by grants from the Peter G. Peterson Foundation and The SCAN Foundation and by our members. To learn more about advanced illness, our mission & vision, coalition members, and plan to reform advanced care, please download and return this form to us at CTAC@advancedcarecoalition.org