2013 Summit: Personal Perspectives
January 29, 9:30AM-11:30AM Care Journey: Personal Perspectives on Advanced Care
Nearly everyone has a personal story about a loved one with an advanced illness. Unfortunately many of these stories are about the frustrations of dealing with a health care system that doesn’t truly serve our needs.
Hear from patients and family caregivers on the spiritual, financial, and social impact of serious illness. And take part in the dialogue with a diverse panel of experts as they discuss innovations to improve support for patients and families.
- Reverend Tyrone Pitts, Ecumenical Officer and General Secretary Emeritus, Progressive National Baptist Convention
- Rabbi Richard Address, Senior Rabbi, Congregation Shalom M’kor and professor, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute for Religion
- Amanda Bennett, Bloomberg News & author of Cost of Hope
- Nancy Brown, President and CEO, American Heart Association
- Suzanne Mintz, CEO Emeritus, Caregivers Action Network
- Susan Reinhard, Senior Vice President, Public Policy Institute, AARP
- Don Schumacher, President and CEO, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
Summit Dates and Location: January 29-30, 2013 at National Academy of Sciences Building 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20148
View Larger Map
To register visit our website: www.wciconferences.com/CTAC Summit2013/index.html. This site also features information about the program, travel, and hotel accommodations
Westover Consultants, Inc. is the logistics coordinator. Direct registration questions to Stephanie Crews, Conference Coordinator, at (301) 657-5809 or email@example.com. Questions about the program may be directed to Georgette Spanjich, C-TAC’s Director of Operations, at (202) 434-7455 or GMSpanjich@advancedcarecoalition.org.